Do you love painting and have a special piece of work you want to show to everyone?
‘Spring Into Art’ Young Artist Competition 2018
Gabrielle's Gallery is holding a ‘Spring Into Art’ Young Artist Competition.
Your artwork could be the winner of one our special prizes of art materials so you can go on to produce even more great works! There are two age group categories:
Young artist’s category for those under 9 years of age
Young artists between 9 years and 15 years
The closing date for handing in your entries is 5pm, Sun 22th April (Earth Day) so there’s still time to create your entry. Inspiration is all your own.
1. The competition is divided into two groups: Group 1 for children up to the age of 8 years 11 months, Group 2 for young artists from age 9 years to 15 years 11months. Please be prepared to show some proof of age if required. The entry fee for Group 1 is £2 per artwork. The entry fee for Group 2 is £3 per artwork. You may enter as many times as you like.
2. First Prize in Group 1 will be Paints, Brushes, Craft Materials and Painting Pads,
Second Prize for Group 1 is a £10 voucher to spend on Pottery Painting at the Gallery.
First Prize for Group 2 will be a set of Galleria Acrylic paints, a selection of stretched and primed canvases and desk easel with storage drawer. Second Prize for Group 2 is an £20 voucher to spend on Pottery Painting/Pottery Wheel Hire at the Gallery.
3. The size of free standing work (sculpture/ceramics) is limited to 18" x 18" x 18”, approx 45cm cubed. The size for all wall hung work is limited to A2 (or 24" x 17”, 43cm x 61cm).
4. All entries will be displayed at the Gallery across the May Day Bank Holiday weekend, Saturday 5th May until and including Monday 7th May. Please inform Gabrielle if you would like to withhold any entry from public display.
5. The winners will be decided by popular vote. In the event of any tie the final decision will be made by Gabrielle Dudley.
6. All work can be collected from 5pm Mon 7th May from the Gallery or from 10am Tuesday 8th May onwards. Please bring any wrappings needed for transporting your work home. Any work not collected by the end of Monday 15th May may be disposed of unless otherwise discussed with Gabrielle.
- If there isn’t room to paint at home or in school, you can come to the Gallery after school between 4 and 5 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays. the Gallery will be open during the schools Easter break, from 10am until 5pm including Mon April 16th, however we will ask you for £3 per day each to cover cleaning costs and use of any materials.
Artworks by Gabrielle Dudley
Ffostrasol, Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales. UK